Wednesday, November 19, 2014

prep for holidaze

Getting ready for the holidays.  Vanessa is hosting thanksgiving and I am making a table for her.  Part of the wood is from one of our Maple trees from the front yard.  It died when we had drought the summer before this one and I had a local guy saw it up for me.  The plan is to have it done this week and deliver it this weekend.

Joe’s wife, Samantha has had a lot of work done with her teeth.  She had some infection and they figure that the pressure from the air travel caused it to spread.  So she has been spending time in the dentist chair. And with the swelling the anesthetic wasn’t working as good as should have so that first visit she had a lot of pain.  Anyway they are doing several root canals. So she is having some misery too.  But she needed dental work anyway so they are just speeding it up.

Chelsea is still working tons of overtime.  She is getting some extra time off later in November and I am glad – she needs some time off to decompress.  Dan is not much help.  I don’t quite understand the whole story but this is what I was told by Becky.  Apparently he went to Sinclair like 2 years ago and flunked out.  He was put on academic probation (suspension??) at that time.  He started taking the latest round of classes  – but I guess he wasn’t supposed to be allowed to take them.  Now he can finish up this latest term but can’t take any more classes until next  fall.   Confused?  Yeah, so am I – it doesn’t make any sense.  But I guess that he is hoping to get a job in the meantime.  And Chelsea is mad because she won’t be able to back to school this fall like she planned.  I tried to tell her to finish her school first…

Went with Chad’s kids to a toy train show at National Trail last weekend.  There were some impressive layouts.   Cash and Serenity both got to operate a train and have it switch tracks and so forth.  So they had a good time.  Sarah is back to substitute teaching again.  She has been getting some gigs here and there.  Chad has been working some overtime to get all the snow plows ready to go for this winter.


We bottled some raspberry and white grape wine from what we grew here on the farm.  Both turned out fairly good.  The raspberry we have been doing for years and so we have that figured out, this is  the first year we had enough grapes to do a batch.  My work is keeping me busy.  Big project that is due next spring.  Getting my deliverables done on time, so things are on track.  

No comments:

Post a Comment